In this difficult time we want to help any way we can.
We are now offering a flexible start date, in line with when your university reopens its doors. This means if your university start date for 20/21 is postponed, the start of your tenancy with us will be adjusted to match.
- All students looking to stay at Riverside House for the academic year starting September 2020 are eligible
- Students who have confirmed bookings already are also eligible and would just need to inform our team of any changes their university has made to their start date
How it works
- Room bookings for 20/21 academic year are being taken as normal
- If your university start date has been moved please contact our team to let us know
- Once verified, a new move-in date can be mutually agreed to match your new university start date
What we need from you
- Notice from you that your university start date has been moved
- Proof of some form from your education body, an official statement or copy of any correspondence received
In such challenging times we wanted to reassure you that the health and wellbeing of our residents and colleagues is our top priority. Riverside House is still open and operational with enhanced procedures in place designed to protect our staff and residents at all times.
We continue to support every student still residing with us to ensure day-to-day life is safe, welcoming and adheres to the current government advice.
This means adapting our usual services and introducing new means of distancing. Below is a list of the measures we’ve implemented and will continue to acknowledge during this difficult period.
- Our on-site team practice social distancing measures with each other and residents, including the introduction of 2 meter lines in the reception area
- External guests are not allowed in the building at any point during this time
Cleaning & Hygiene
- A period of 72 hours is left once a resident vacates a cluster before our housekeeping team can enter. Housekeeping team is provided with gloves, masks and aprons.
- Hand sanitiser and tissues are provided for staff & residents in reception area
- All hard surfaces in communal areas and offices are cleaned every 2 hours
- Door handles are frequently sanitised key fobs are also sanitised prior to issuing to new residents
- Temporary closure of social area
- Ensuring emergency maintenance and repairs continue as required without interruption
- Holding parcels in reception for recipients to collect
- Giving advice and support to those needing to self-isolate, including delivery of grocery shopping to clusters
We will continue to support our residents during this difficult time. We also want to take this opportunity to thank all of our wonderful staff who are working around the clock to keep the building open, safe and assisting our students when they need it.
We are located on Blackfriars Road, just a few minutes walk away from the University of Salford campus and a short walk or drive from Manchester’s city centre.